IV International Conference «Actual Scientific & Technical Issues of Chemical Safety»
The conference was host in the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninsky Prospekt, 32A, Moscow, during 17-18 October, 2018.
The Conference was organized by
- Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise “State Research Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology”
- Department of Chemistry and Materials Science, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Federal Agency of Scientific Organizations (FASO Russia)
- Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation.
The goal of the conference is to provide a global platform for researchers and engineers coming from academia and industry to present their research results and activities in the field of fundamental and interdisciplinary research of chemical safety issues and protection of human health and environment from exposure to hazardous chemical factors.
The Conference ran with the following topics (not limited to):
- Global chemical safety problems.
- Chemical hazard sources. Toxic chemicals, emergency and hazardous chemical substances. Hazardous chemical objects. Technologies for elimination of chemical hazards.
- Chemical hazard assessment and risk modeling. Chemical accident/incident prevention.
- Methods and tools for indication and identification of hazardous chemicals and mixtures thereof in environmental objects. Monitoring soil, air, and water status.
- Technologies, procedures and means for creating materials aimed at technical protection, prevention and remediation of chemical contamination consequences. Impact of hazardous chemicals on human health.
- Utilization and biodegradation of different types of wastes including hazardous chemical wastes.
- Safe handling of nanosized materials.
Full texts of oral presentations are published in the journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences «Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry B: Focus on Physics» and «Electronic Journal of Chemical Safety» indexed in databases of the Web of Science, Scopus and Russian Scientific Citation Index.